Your First AppointmentWe want your visit to Johnson Family Dentistry to be a comfortable, pleasant and easy experience for you. When setting up your first appointment, this is what you can expect...
- We will ask you about any dental insurance you would like us to keep on file. Before your appointment, we will need the insured person’s name, address, phone number and Social Security number, along with their insurance member ID. We also will need the name of the employer who provides the insurance. Be assured that we keep all information secure and use it only on your behalf to file claims and ask questions that help you make decisions about treatment.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card to your first visit or before that day. This way, we can get all necessary information on file in order to expedite your claims and reduce any paperwork and costs for you.
- Arrive 15 minutes early so you will have time to fill out the necessary paperwork including patient registration, medical history, HIPPA form, financial agreement and insurance information. Here, you will be able to share important medical information that is crucial to your care. Bring along a list of all current medications - both prescribed and over the counter medicine that you are taking.
- Do you have any current X-rays from another office? Before your visit to Johnson Family Dentistry, call your previous office to request all current X-rays be sent so that they arrive here at least 24 hours before your appointment time. (Hint: Current X-rays are bitewings, panoramic x-ray, or perio chart taken within a year or images taken within three to five years.) If we do not have current X-rays before your appointment, we will need to take new ones, which may incur unnecessary out-of-pocket expenses for you.
- Payment: If you provide all the proper insurance information in advance, we will ask you to pay only your estimated portion due on the day of treatment. (Note: You may continue to receive statements while we wait for your insurance company to process your claims.) If you do not have insurance, payment is expected at time of service. We currently accept cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- We do expect a parent or guardian to arrive with any patient 18 years old or younger. This ensures that you are able to sign off on any recommended treatment, such as making decisions on fluoride or choosing if you want silver- or tooth-colored fillings. You also may need to update medical history and your personal profile.
- We will ask for an email address in case you would like us to e-mail you about upcoming appointments. You also can opt out of this service.
- Remember to allow 90 minutes for your very first hygiene visit at Johnson Family Dentistry. Thereafter, adult appointments generally take about 50 minutes to an hour. Appointments for children 11 or younger are generally 40 minutes long.